Sunday, January 11, 2009

Catching Up!!!

It seems I have alot of catching up to do. December has been a very busy month for us, marked by many special occasions. The first of those occasions happened on Dec. 6th when Sam, after 3 long, hardworking and rewarding years of studying and learning in the Convergence program finally GRADUATED!!!!!!! I am sooooo proud of our new Pastor. There were 9 men that graduated from the program with Sam as you can see in the picture below. These men have been such an inspiration to each other over the past 3 years. I was so happy to be part of the small circle invited to this great event.
Sam with his "Cohort"
The pictures aren't great because we were in a dark banquet room, but try and see beyond the people and the bad lighting. :) As a way of presenting his "diploma", they had Sam come and sit in throne-type of chair and had his family (that's us :)) and his mentors (Joe and Nancy) come and pray around him and they presented him with a sword instead of an actual certificate. The sword is so symbolic is so many ways...I'll let you think on that one instead of making a list.




This picture doesn't need much explanation, they are all so proud of their swords. They have definately all earned them.




No comments: